2011 NATIONAL TITLE I DISTINGUISHED SCHOOL

[button size=”medium” color=”blue” style=”none” new_window=”true” link=”http://www.nationaltitleiassociation.org/resource/resmgr/t12_ds_book_pages/2011DS22.jpg”]National Title I Distinguished School[/button]

Allisonville Elementary School has been awarded the Title I Distinguished School Award for exceptional student performance for two or more consecutive years and will receive an academic achievement awards grant under Title I, Section 1117 (b) School Support and Recognition of No Child Left Behind under CFDA #84010a.

The purpose of the Distinguished Schools Program is to recognize and honor those Title I schools that sustain exceptional student performance for two or more consecutive years or make the greatest gains in closing the achievement gap. The program also identifies Title I schools that are models of best practices for other schools of similar demographics.

Allisonville Elementary School will receive a grant award of $50,000.00, and is invited to attend the National Title I Conference in Seattle, Washington January 21-24, 2012.

“We have created a culture that focuses on high achievement for all students at Allisonville.  Our priority is meeting the individual needs of our students,” said Mike Pomerenke, Principal of Allisonville Elementary.

Previous

Next