In-District Limited Choice
Families living within the Metropolitan School District of Washington Township boundaries may submit an application for their child(ren) to attend a school, other than their home/assigned school.
New attendance boundaries for all District elementary and middle schools will be in effect beginning with the 2019-2020 school year. To determine your home/assigned school, you may visit the District Enrollment Boundaries Interactive Map.
In-District Limited Choice Details
- The 2019-2020 school year will be a baseline year; therefore, all families, when reviewing attendance boundary options, should assume that their children will be required to attend the school assigned to their home’s address;
- All families desiring In-District Limited Choice to any of the District elementary or middle schools must apply or reapply for the 2019-2020 school year;
- No student will be assigned to their current school unless the Board approved attendance boundaries place the student’s address in that school or the student has been newly approved as a 2019-2020 Limited Choice student;
- In-District Limited Choice applications will be available August of 2018;
- Staff members applying for In-District Limited Choice for their children to attend the school of their employment will receive priority;
- If Limited Choice applications exceed the school’s capacity, approved requests will be determined by a random selection;
- In-District Limited Choice applications randomly selected are not automatically approved. Approval is subject to District Policy, Guidelines, and procedures;
- The application process will be an online submission process (parents/guardians may be asked to submit some documents in paper form);
- Applications will be accepted only through the online format provided below;
- Parents must submit a separate application for each student requested for In-District Limited Choice.